Saturday, November 5, 2011

DETECTING HEART DEFECTS BEFORE BIRTH


A heart defect can be detected in your baby using an ultrasound study or echocardiography, which is the name used for a specialized cardiac ultrasound. Diagnosis of a serious heart defect before your baby is born enables doctors to further examine the defect, closely monitor your child's overall health, carefully plan for your baby's delivery and ensure a smooth transition to the necessary specialized care after birth. In some cases, your baby may be a candidate for in utero treatment.

The common practice is for heart defects to be detected between 16 and 22 weeks. This is the usual age at which most pregnant women undergo a screening obstetric ultrasound. Some serious heart defects can be detected as early as 14 weeks.

Fetal ultrasounds are performed in most pregnant women to monitor fetal growth and to detect abnormalities. Serious congenital heart defects can be found during routine fetal ultrasounds. If your baby has potential risk factors, like a family history of heart disease, the Fetal Cardiology Program at Children's offers ultrasound by experienced cardiologists who will carefully examine your baby's heart.
************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, fatigue, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete